UNC Health Care HCS SYSTEMS ARCHITECT - IT TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE in Morrisville, North Carolina
HCS SYSTEMS ARCHITECT - IT TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE
Job ID: INF002YQ
HCS SYSTEMS ARCHITECT - IT TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE-INF002YQ
Systems Architect is responsible for the Enterprise Citrix project initiatives and design, and support the Citrix Application/Virtualization Infrastructure. This position provides advanced knowledge, support, and enhancements of the Citrix systems including all published applications, virtual desktop, and PVS as well as the supporting and designing server infrastructure. Work ranges from conceptual and strategic to tactical and includes working closely with other teams participating in design, build and operations of infrastructure services. Position serves as escalation resource for key infrastructure services and participates in on-call rotation supporting a numerous infrastructure services hosted in multiple data centers.
• Design and Support Citrix Provisioning Server/XenDesktop/XenApp Infrastructure Servers, with load management/balancing, monitoring, problem resolution, enhancements, and capacity planning.
• Work collaboratively with technical teams and vendors to provide advanced technical consultation on design, implementation and integration of Citrix environment with current or new application solutions.
• Evaluate gaps between strategies and design to implement process improvements in all aspects of systems implementations and workflows, identifying standard procedures, optimizations, automation, and improvements.
• Understanding of management tools and procedures including Citrix Director and Netscaler Command Center/MAS.
• Develop and keep accurate documentation of design and tasks for project, current processes, standards and baselines across enterprise environments generating status updates of assigned projects and problems. Adhere to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
• Serve as technical escalation for Citrix issues.
• Design appropriate Citrix technology solutions for various applications using Citrix XenApp/Provisioning Services/XenDesktop 7.x, Netscaler and Application Layering technologies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of direct experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage
multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
• 6+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
• 6+ years of experience with server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating system upgrades and migrations, and strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software.
• 6+ years of experience with IP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet networks
• 6+ years of experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, and PVS
Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification, Citrix
• Experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
• Experience with Citrix Netscaler
• Experience with Citrix PVS
• Experience with Microsoft GPOs
• Experience with Authentication methods
Primary LocationUnited States-North Carolina-Morrisville
DepartmentU-1000-IT TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE