Belcan Manufacturing Engineer in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Job Number: 279014
Description: A Manufacturing Engineer job in Fuquay-Varina, NC is available through Belcan Techservices. In this role, you will support both existing and new process development/improvement activities. The primary focus will be on the improvement of existing processes with a strong emphasis on injection molding. Along with injection molding, use of LEAN manufacturing principles, six sigma tools and supply chain optimization is needed.
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities
• Champion process, procedure, and equipment changes through LEAN activities to effect improvements in safety, throughput, yield, and cost.
• Reduce scrap through the use of process improvement tools such as Quick Changeover, QCPC, and layout optimization
• Identify and lead Six Sigma Projects in plastics injection molding area.
• Work closely with the localization team to help facilitate the smooth transition of new processes/product into the production factory.
• Work with other disciplines within the plant to develop accurate specifications and documentation to support new product introduction with focus toward manufacturability.
• Initiate justifications for capital expenditures.
• Generate and maintain the integrity of process documentation.
• Project manage large and small capital projects efficiently to complete on time and within budget.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
• Minimum BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Concentration in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering w/ plastics molding)
• 3 to 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment supporting production and new product introductions.
• LEAN experience and leadership is a must.
• Proven track record in the application and use of LEAN/Six Sigma tools
• Demonstrated Project Management skills to execute cost reduction projects on time and within budget
• Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high paced environment
• Ability to use ACAD and/or Creo for fixture design and to develop new floor layouts a plus
• Experience with ERP system set up and use is a plus (SAP and/or MFGPRO)
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer job in Fuquay-Varina, NC, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Fuquay Varina , NC
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1-3
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart