SMG Parking Attendant in Cary, North Carolina
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has several openings for Parking Attendants at Booth Amphitheatre for its 2018 season. The Parking Attendant will be primarily responsible for assisting the directional flow of all incoming and exiting traffic in Booth Amphitheatre's internal parking spaces at scheduled events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and understand event notes prior to each event
- Assist in setting up, breaking down and altering traffic patterns as needed
- Direct vehicles to appropriate areas/lots based on pass, permit or status (stage crew, venue guest, etc.)
- Assist patrons with general venue/event information in a positive and friendly manner
- Monitor parking areas for fill status, vandalism, etc.
- Assist parking supervisors, Town of Cary staff and/or other venue employees as requested by supervisors
- Arrive prepared for work based on the event, weather forecast and department/venue policies Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow both written and oral direction with minimal continuous supervision
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during all weather conditions
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 30 pounds
- Positive and outgoing attitude; excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours that include nights and weekends
- Have attained at least 18 years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, including and up to 4 hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled