Canon Business Process Services Office Service Representative I in CARY, North Carolina
Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
Under general supervision, is responsible for all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence handling and dispatching for all classes of mail/packages. Responsible for the handling, routing, pick-up and delivery activities of mail operation and the assignment & participation of tasks involving all activities; performs related duties as required.
· Insures total customer satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
· Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
· Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
· Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
· Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
· Organize and distribute supplies to client employees as detailed in job requests. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
· Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
· Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
· May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
· Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, input facsimile data into computer for client charge back. Generate activity reports, confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
· Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
· Performs other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
· Set up and maintain client’s kitchen areas and conference rooms, order food and make coffee.
· Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors.
· Move boxes, supplies or furniture; replace light bulbs.
· Document scanning.
· Prepare outgoing items for shipping.
· Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
· Additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Requires regular twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged periods of sitting, standing or walking.
· May regularly lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and move (push mail cart) over 50 lbs.
· May occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
· Frequent use of hand and foot controls
· May occasionally need to climb stairs.
· Mental qualifications include ability to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively
· Ability to perform all mail duties
· Good organizational skills
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· Entry level. 0-1 year experience working in a mailroom or professional office environment.
· Some knowledge of the job. May not know all aspects of job at time of hire.
· Some knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures preferred.
· Some computer skills preferred.
· Ability to perform routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax, scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, binding etc.)
· Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
· Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
· Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation.
· Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
· Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
· Adherence and support of CBPS Core Values: Focusing on Results & Customers, Be Innovative and Quality Driven and Performing Ethically.
Category (Portal Searching)Customer Service/Support