ANSYS, Inc. Lead Software Developer in Apex, North Carolina
This engineer will join the CEI development team responsible for the EnSight, EnVision, and Nexus products. The CEI team develops general purpose simulation post-processing tools which target desktops, high performance computing and web-based platforms. This developer will be involved in all aspect pertaining to high performance post processing and analysis of 3D simulations.
- Participate in the design and development of technologies focused on 2D and 3D visualization.
- Optimize code and develop parallel solution to data access and computational scalability.
- Work with manager and others to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium sized projects with minimal input from others.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Understand and demonstrate best practices in software engineering.
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- MS requires minimum of four years relevant work experience, BS requires minimum ten years of experience.
- A command of C/C++ programming language.
- Well versed in engineering computations and concepts, linear algebra, etc.
- Experience in 3D mesh processing algorithms
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms,a nd debugging
- A command of IO operations
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Successful large-scale commercial software development
- Development, debugging and optimization of systems using HPC distributed processing
- Cross-platform GUI development using Qt and embedded Python
- Experience with high performance parallel I/O solutions
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience with WebGL and higher-level 3D web-based graphics frameworks
- Working experience with remote computation, TCP/IP sockets, and MPI
- Experience with shared memory and distributed memory parallel systems
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Posting Location(s): United States-NC-Apex
Company Order Number: 6522
# of openings: 1